I don’t know about you, but I naturally tend to be a more negative person. It’s easy for me to focus on all of the bad things going on in my life, or in the world, and get really down. I struggled a lot at the beginning of my mom’s Alzheimer’s journey because I focused mostly on myself and what I had lost. But over the years, I began to focus more on my mom and what we still had.
Focusing on the good is a choice, but luckily you can make that choice for yourself at any moment. Start today and see how your mindset, perspective, and way of thinking begins to improve!
Click play to hear:
- My experience with being a naturally more negative person
- How focusing on the bad caused me more suffering at the beginning of my mom’s Alzheimer’s journey
- How I worked to change my thinking by focusing on the good
- Why it is crucial for you to focus on the good and find things to be grateful for
- A really simple way you can get started with this today
Follow along on Facebook: Life, Love, and Alzheimer’s
Follow along on Instagram: @lifeloveandalzheimers
Visit my website: lifeloveandalzheimers.com
Learn more about The Alzheimer’s Daughters Club!
Join the waiting list for The Alzheimer’s Daughters Club!
Join the FREE Facebook group: The Life, Love, and Alzheimer’s Podcast Listener Community
Order my book: Learning to Weather the Storm
Order my book: When Only Love Remains
Order my book: The Life, Love, and Alzheimer’s Journal